World Communion of Reformed Churches Job Vacancy
At the office of the World Communion of Reformed Churches with headquarters in Hannover, a limited full-time position for the duration of pregnancy and parental leave from 5 November, 2019, until presumably 30 September, 2020, is to be filled.
The main task of this position is to be the
Administrative Assistant to the General Secretary
where in the international duties of the General Secretary in the area of the worldwide community of Reformed churches are supported.
The World Communion of Reformed Churches (WCRC) is comprised of 100 million Christians in Congregational, Presbyterian, Reformed, United, Uniting and Waldensian churches. The WCRC, working with its 233 member churches, is active in supporting theology, justice, church unity and mission in over 105 countries.
The general secretary is the chief executive officer of the WCRC and is thus responsible to the general council and to the executive committee to direct and coordinate the work of the World Communion of Reformed Churches.
Along with the officers, executive committee and staff, the general secretary works with member churches and ecumenical partners to fulfil the goals of the WCRC mission and vision statement.
You will organize and support the general secretary in his tasks. You will prepare administrative aspects of the general secretary’s organizational duties, take care of the financial reporting and carry out the following tasks (not an exhaustive list):
• Preparing and typing correspondences, manuscripts and documents preparations
• Editing, translating and proofreading letters, documents and reports
• Office management
• Event management
• Project management
• Human resources management
• Team work
• Scheduling and appointments coordination
• Membership applications monitoring and facilitation
• A higher education degree in social sciences or a comparable degree program;
• Proven experience in project management, international projects and in dealing with committees;
• Proven language skills, German or English as mother tongue, and excellent knowledge (C2 level) in the other language, so working in both languages is equally possible;
• If possible, further language skills in French and/or Spanish (B2 level desired);
• Excellent computer literacy skills:
• Organizational talent and excellent administrative skills;
• International cooperation in a multicultural context with strong communication skills;
• Enjoy organizing, documenting and organizing in a multi-faceted area of work.
• Salary according to pay grade 9b. The employment relationship is governed by the service contract code of the EKD (comparable to the TVöD Bund);
• A high degree of independent task completion;
• The social benefits of public / religious service.
The mission of the World Communion of Reformed Churches requires a diverse representation of the WCRC to external partners and member churches in the Christian faith committed to church mission. You will be identified from the outside directly with the WCRC in this position. Therefore, a positive commitment of the employee to the mission of the Protestant Church is a prerequisite.
A prerequisite for the position is for applicants to already be residents in or near Hannover.
Interviews are planned to take place between 10 to 13 September and will be conducted in English. Additional language proficiency will be evaluated. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to interview.
Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential treatment if they are equally qualified.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Mertz.
Please send your complete application only by email as a printable, single PDF file by 8 September, 2019 to:
World Community of Reformed Churches
Application Deadline: 8 September, 2019
Please refer to the complete position description in the separate attachment.